Frequently Asked Questions
What resources does Tweeting with GOD offer?
Tweeting with GOD offers a book, a free app, a How to grow in faith course, a Manual & Specials, and an online presence, in particular on social media.
What information can I find in Tweeting with GOD?
Tweeting with GOD covers all major aspects of the Catholic faith. Topics include God and creation, the Church, prayer and liturgy, and life as a Christian. In total, there are more than 200 Questions or “Tweets”. These are presented in an attractive, modern style. Each double page in the Tweeting with GOD book is richly illustrated and stands on its own. Therefore, one can simply open the book anywhere and just start reading. The same applies to the 200+ questions online. Along with the concise answers, this set-up is helpful for those who are not used to reading longer texts.
Do I need the Tweeting with GOD book or does the app suffice?
The Tweeting with GOD app and the book complement each other, but can also be used independently. The Tweeting with GOD app provides the connection between the book and the online content, and offers several specific options. Users need both the book and an internet connection (for access to the online resources) to benefit from all the possibilities Tweeting with GOD offers.
What is a Question or “Tweet” in this context?
Tweeting with GOD is based on Questions or “Tweets” with their corresponding answer, since the young people submitted their original questions via social media platforms. A reference like “see Question 1.34” or “see Tweet 1.34”, directs the reader to Question 1.34 and the corresponding answer.
What do the abbreviations CCCC, CCC, and Youcat mean?
Below every answer in the Tweeting with GOD app you will find references to other texts that can help to explore the subject in greater depth. In the book these references are found under the heading “Read more”, and on the website under the heading “From the Wisdom of the Church”. These texts are derived from several sources:
- CCCC is short for ‘Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church’. A catechism is a book that explains the faith in a correct theological manner, approved by the Church authorities. The Compendium is a concise edition of the complete Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), which was approved for the entire worldwide Church by Pope John Paul II in 1992.
- Youcat is an acronym for “Youth Catechism”, a version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church specifically intended for young people. Like the CCCC, Youcat is a summary of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
What is the relationship between Youcat and Tweeting with GOD?
Youcat and Tweeting with GOD are two different ways of deepening the faith, aimed primarily at young people. We often work together. Tweeting with GOD is based on the questions posed by young people in this day and age. The answers originate in the logic of faith and the link with one’s own life, with due attention to the wisdom of the Church. Youcat starts with the questions of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and wants to answer these briefly in a way that young people can understand. Tweeting with GOD regularly refers to questions from Youcat and explores these further. Every person is different and it is, therefore, good to have several resources that explain the faith. In this way, everyone can find a format that suits them.
What is the relationship between Tweeting with GOD and Online with Saints?
Tweeting with GOD and Online with Saints are two different ways of deepening the faith. The second can be seen as a continuation of the first, and contains new questions. Both are based on the questions posed by young people of this day and age. Online with Saints adds to this the inspiring life stories of the saints.
How can I use the scan function in the app?
The app includes a SCAN feature which links any double page to online content. The technique is simple:
- Click on the SCAN icon in the app
- Take a ‘photograph’ of the large image at the top left-hand side of each double page in the book
- The app then gives you an overview of the available information on this topic, and provides suggestions for interesting Questions to read
How is Tweeting with GOD funded?
Tweeting with GOD depends entirely on donations. In many ways we try to achieve a lot with limited resources. For example, the Tweeting with GOD team consists almost entirely of volunteers. The members of the board of the JP2 Foundation receive no compensation. Nevertheless, there are high costs associated with building and maintaining the website, developing the app, and translating the initiatives into other languages (e.g. for countries with limited financial resources). All donations will be used exclusively to fund Tweeting with GOD and connected initiatives.
How can I support Tweeting with GOD?
You can support us in various different ways:
- With a financial donation, either by bank transfer or directly online. See the Donate section for a step by step explanation. We thank you in advance for your contribution!
- You can help us by praying for Tweeting with GOD and all related initiatives.
- You can send us tips and suggestions for further improvement.
- You can join our global team of volunteers. Please fill out the subscribe form or contact us for more information.
What is the role of the JP2 Foundation?
Tweeting with GOD is part of the work of the JP2 Foundation, based in Leiden, the Netherlands. Following the example of Saint John Paul II, the Foundation is committed to helping people to think and learn more about God, and to give their relationship with Jesus a place in their lives.